sábado, 20 de outubro de 2012

World Health Organization: Trans people aren't sick!



in: https://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/world-health-organization-trans-people-aren-t-sick




by Jenna Talackova
Vancouver, Canada
I'm not sick. In fact I’m great! I'm a women that had to undergo transgender medical procedures to become who I really am on in the inside.

But the World Health Organization (WHO) insists that I, and millions of other trans people are sick. The WHO actually considers transsexualism to be a mental disorder.

Since facing and overcoming discrimination for being a transgender woman back in March - when I was kicked out of and then re-admitted to the Miss Universe Pageant - I've been working to fight the stigma and discrimination facing people like me.

Join me in signing this petition and ask the World Health Organization to stop considering transsexual people mentally ill.

This also doesn't mean trans people shouldn't be included in the health system and provided with treatments, however, this has nothing to do with us being classified as mentally ill.

The WHO is definitely willing to reconsider their choices, and they're actually in the process of revising the list right now. If we all speak up I'm sure we can make a difference.


Please sign this petition at:






 https://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/world-health-organization-trans-people-aren-t-sick

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário

Seguidores

Arquivo do blogue